15 Years in Academics and 1 year in Corporate
He has an MBA & M.Phil in Management. He has completed his Ph. D on the topic "Determining factors for Developing Trust in E-Transaction." He is UGC Net qualified in year 2013.
His area of interest is Marketing Strategy, Strategic Management, E-commerce, Strategic Product & Brand Management, International Marketing & Marketing Research. He is also conducting Training in the area of Management Process and Organisation Behaviour.
He carries over 15 years of teaching experience in institutes like Xcellon Institute-School of Business, S. K. Patel Institute of Management, GLS BBA, B.P. College of Business Administration, K B Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research - Gandhinagar and Pt. R.B. Shastri College of Business Administration- Ahmedabad. He is also having 1 year of corporate experience.
He has also taught Marketing of Enterprise in Entrepreneurship Development program at Ministry of Small & Medium Enterprise, Government of India.
He has conducted Management Development Programs for corporates like Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd, Abellon Clean Energy Ltd, Xceleris Lab & Flourish Pure Foods Ltd in the area of System Thinking, Team Building, Group Conflict, Organizing & Change Management.
He has also conducted several Faculty Development Program on Teaching and Learning. He has conducted several program for Thinking skill development for children and adults.
He has attended several International & National Faculty Development Programs at Harvard Business, IIM A, IIM B, IIM K, IIML IIT, BIMTECH, IRMA & EDI. He has published 5 Research papers in International Journals and 1 chapter in book.
He has also presented many research papers in International & National conferences.
Marketing Strategy, Strategic Management, E-commerce, Strategic Product & Brand Management, International Marketing & Marketing Research. He is also conducting Training in the area of Management Process and Organization Behaviour.
Publications: 5 papers in international Journal, 2 publication is in review
• Sharma, J., & Kurien, D. (2016). Uncovering Survival Strategies of Indian Internationals. Journal Of Strategic Human Resource Management, 5(3), 25-33. Retrieved from
• Sharma, J. K., Kurien, D., & Reddy, S. C. (2012). E-commerce (B2C) next shopping destination for consumers in India. Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics and Management, 2(9), 218-230.
• Sharma, J. K., Kurien, D., & Reddy, S. C. (2012), Empirical Study of Consumer Buying Behaviour on E-commerce: A Case of Ahmedabad . Pragyaan, 41-49.
• Sharma, J. K., Kurien, D., & Reddy, S. C. (2012), Antecedents of E-commerce Trust. Manthan, 131 -138
• “Restaurant Image Parameters and Its Importance in Building Children’s perception for Multinational Fast food Restaurants” with IITM Journal of Management and IT (2016)
Paper under Review:
• “Micro Finance: Method for Sustainable development of Country”: In book – Micro Finance by Litty Denis.
• Perceived Risk in E-commerce: A Demographic Perspective with NMIMS “Management Review”.
FDP/ Workshop Attended
• FDP on Entrepreneurship- How to teach students to become entrepreneurial conducted by EDI, Ahmedabad (2011).
• Case Method Teaching Seminar, Part -1, conducted by Harvard Business Publishing and IIM Ahmedabad at NMIMS- Mumbai (2016)
• Management Teacher’s Program on Blue Ocean Strategy Conducted by IIM kozhikode & SMFI (2015).
• Management Teacher’s Program on Managing Strategic change and Transformation Conducted by IIM Lucknow & SMFI (2014).
• FDP on Teaching Tools and Techniques for Management Teachers conducted by Nirma Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (2012).
• FDP on Marketing Research conducted by Nirma Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (2012).
• FDP on Strategy Implementation by Balance Score Card, conducted by IRMA, Anand (2012).
• Management Teacher’s Program on Inorganic Growth Strategy, conducted by BIMTECH- Noida & SMFI (2013).
• Management Teacher’s program on Foundation Course on Strategic Management Conducted by IIMB and SMFI (2012).
• Train the Trainer Program Conducted by Ahmedabad Management Association AMA – (2012).
• A Short term course on “Effective Teaching through Case study Methodology conducted by IIT, Delhi (2011).
• UGC Sponsored workshop on “Interactive Learning Methodologies” organized by, JNTU, Kuatpally, Hyderabad
• Faculty Development Program on “Art and Science of use of Movies as method of Management Education, Xcellon Institute.
• Attended Faculty Development Program organized by ICFAI University, in 2009.
• UGC Sponsored workshop on Emerging Commodity Markets & Commodity Trading in India organized by, S D College of Commerce, Gujarat University
• Workshop on “Power of Excel” (Spread Sheet) & Business & Scientific Computing using MATLAB” organized by S. K Patel Institute, Gandhinagar (2009)
• Workshop on “Experiential Learning” conducted by Xcellon Institute, Ahmedbad(2009): 5 in number
• Workshop on “Instructional System Design for designing Curriculum for MBA conducted by Xcellon Institute, Ahmedbad (2009).” : 5 in number
Conference Paper Presented
- Paper Presented in International Conference
• Rural Balanced Development with E-commerce, presented at 8th International Entrepreneurship Forum (2008), organized by University of Essex, OECD, LEED program, International entrepreneurship Forum & MICA, Ahmedabad.
• Social Responsibility – A vital Part of Management Education in India, presented at International conference (2008) organized by Hindustan Institute of Management & Computer Studies, Farah, Mathura
• Rural development with E-commerce, presented at International conference (2008) organized by Hindustan Institute of Management & Computer Studies, Farah, Mathura
• Internationalization of Indian Companies: Strategy and Challenges, GTU’s International Conference on “Management of Globalized Business, organized by Marwadi Education, Rajkot.
• Rural Face of Management Education in India, presented at International conference (2008) organized by Hindustan Institute of Management & Computer Studies, Farah, Mathura
Paper presented in National Conference
• The Rise of Glocalization, Presented in 3rd National Conference on management (ICOM 2009), organized by S K Patel Institute of Management & Computer Studies, Gandhinagar
• Women the queen of the Market- The New Era of Girl Power, presented at national conference (2007), organized by S K Patel Institute Of Management & Computer Studies, Gandhinagar
• Strategic Management of Human Resources: New Mantra of Global Competitive Advantage presented at national conference (2008) organized by M.S. University Baroda.
• The Word of Mouse- Viral Marketing, Presented in 3rd National Conference on management (ICOM 2009), organized by S K Patel Institute of Management & Computer Studies, Gandhinagar.
• Corporate Governance- Key To Enhancing Long Term Shareholders Value, presented at national conference (2008), organized by K. K. Parekh Commerce College, Amreli
• Rural Marketing : The Paradigm Shift in the thinking of the top Management, presented at national conference (2007), organized by S K Patel Institute Of Management & Computer Studies, Gandhinagar
• Killing Brands: An Art, Science & Strategy, presented at national conference (2006), organized by S K Patel Institute Of Management & Computer Studies, Gandhinagar
• Relationship Marketing, presented at national conference (2008), organized by K. K. Parekh Commerce College, Amreli
Conducted following Corporate training program:
• Taught Marketing Management in executive general management program designed for Kalptaru Power Transmission Limited, Gandhinagar
• Conducted 12 months extensive MDP Program 212 for first line managers of Abellon Clean Energy Limited in the area of Strategy and Managerial effectiveness.
• Conducted training on Train the Trainer for Trainer of Abellon clean energy on innovative methods of training and development
• Conducted 2 training for flourish pure foods Ltd on System Thinking
• Conducted training for Flourish pure food Ltd on strategic and operation planning tools and techniques.
• Conducted following Training program for Xceleris Lab Ltd.
a. United – Team Building Work Shop
b. Stakeholder ship
c. Being a part of Change Management
• Teaching in EPGP (Executive General Management Program) from last one year in the area of managerial effectiveness.
Conducted Many Faculty Development Program in the area of experiential learning, innovative teaching method and Instructional system design.