Dr. Sanjay Shrivastava has 17 + years of experience in teaching and training management/engineering students on multidimensional aspects of business communication, managerial communication, and professional communication, focusing their overall development of LSRW skills, adept and skilled in training students on interview skills, and GD-PI training for students successful SIP and Final Placement. He is accomplished educator with demonstrated ability to teach, motivate, and direct students while maintaining high interest and achievement. Articulate communicator able to effectively interact with diverse populations of students at a variety of academic levels. Consistently maintaining excellent relations with students, parents, faculty, and administrators.
He did his First Doctoral Research awarded in May 2002 in English on the topic titled ‘Treatment of Love, Sex and Marriage in the Poetry of Robert Browning. He did his Second Doctoral Research awarded in Sep 2015 in Marketing Communication Strategy on the topic titled 'Marketing Communication Strategy and Its Impact on Companies Performance'. The findings of the study better explain the marketing communication strategy in marketing perspective and its perception towards the utility and productivity of marketing communication and the effective implementation of its strategies by different companies of various sectors. Prior these, he did his Master of Arts (MA), English, (Awarded State Level Scholarship by Higher Education, Bhopal M.P. on having scored highest marks. Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honors, English, Awarded State Level Scholarship by Higher Education, Bhopal M.P. on having scored highest marks. In professional qualifications, he did PGCTE -Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching English from ELTI- Bhopal (CIEFL Hyderabad). In addition he did MBA, (Mkt & HR) from SHIATS (Deemed University) Allahabad with honors.
He has guided the written communication aspects of 300+ Master’s level projects on various sectors / various companies majorly on Insurance, Banking, Aviation, Hospitality Management, Automobiles, FMCG, Retail, Derivatives, Banks, Investment Analysis, Equity, Mutual Funds.
Prior joining NMIMS, he has worked with I M S Engineering College (Ghaziabad) ICFAI, Hyderabad as Center Coordinator, Senior Faculty, Regional Resource Trainer at Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India, IILM- College of Management Studies, Greater Noida as an Associate Professor in Business Communication for PGDM Program. In addition, he has -Developed Teaching Material / course Material of Business Communication to inculcate Employability Skills and Office Dynamics including the other aspects of communication in business to make students able to cater best to the corporate of the day. He has worked with ITM University, Gwalior as a Senior Faculty in of Communication in Engg/MBA Programs.
He has also worked as Coordinator of Business English Certificate (BEC) Program and has experience of Teaching, Liaison and Conducting BEC Program (A certificate course by University of Cambridge, UK & British Council, Delhi, ESOL Examinations)
His areas of Research Interest are Business Communication, Managerial Communication, Organizational Communication, Social Media Communication/Role of New Media in Business, Social Media Strategic Communication-Emerging Paradigms, Web Communication/Electronic Media Communication, E-Tailing Communication, Crisis Communication, Safety Communication, Sactoral Communication, Viral Communication, Brand Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Cross Cultural Communication, and Corporate Communication.
A Book on ‘Business Communication - Tomorrow’ is on the verge of completion.
List of Latest MD/ TP/ FDPs (Management Development/ Training Programs/ Faculty Development Programs) conducted
Online Publications of Articles on Communication, Business & Management.
1.Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “The Compatible Modeling of Teaching Business Communication in Indian B-Schools: A Framework”, Published in International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management (IJICBM, Inderscience Journal), Vol. 9, No. 4, 2014.
2. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “The Comprehensive Modeling of Communication Barriers: A Conceptual Framework”, Published in ICFAI University Press (IUP) Journal Soft Skills. The IUP Journal of Soft Skills, Vol. VI, No. 3, 2012.
3. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. ‘Identifying Major Components of Business Communication and Its Relevance: A Framework’, Published in ICFAI University Press, The IUP Journal of Soft Skills, Volume VI, No 4, 2012.
4. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay, “Rainbow Workforce- Exploring the Macro Contributors of Cross Cultural Conflicts in Global Multicultural Business Organizations”, Transstellar - International Journal of Human Resource Management and Research (IJHRMR); ISSN (Print):2249-6874; Vol. 2 Issue 4 Dec - 2012 59-68, Impact Factor (JCC): 2.9966.
5. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “Workplace Communication and Its Functions in Determining Organizational Relations” Published in Zenith International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research (ZIRAF), ISSN 2231-5780 Vol.3 (1), January (2013) Online available at zenithresearch.org.in
6. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. "Extreme Demands of Soft Skills and Its Essentiality for Contemporary Workforce” Published in VSRD International Journal of Business and Management Research, www.vsrdjournals.com, e-ISSN: 2231-248X, ISSN: 2319-2194 Vol. 3 Issue No. 3 March (2013).
7. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “The Communication Model Re-Engineered with Focused Fabrication of the Entire Communication Process: A Framework”. Published in Journal of Global Communication (JoGC), Vol. 6, No. 1, ISSN (Print) 0974-0600, ISSN (Online) 0976-2442, January- June 2013 Issue.
8. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “The Compatible Modeling of Multi-Level Usages of English Skills for Engineering Students: A Conceptual Framework”. Published in International Research Journal of Humanities, Engineering and Pharmaceutical Sciences (IJHEPS) www.jiheps.org, Year-3, Vol-II, Issue-6 ISBN:978-81-909047-9-7, p-ISSN:2249-2569, e-ISSN:2320-2955.
9. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “The Problem of Soft Skills in Indian Workforce, India Fights Back: An Eye-opener Study” published in Indian Journal of Management and Indian Business Studies (IJMIBS), ISSN 2277 – 3177, Volume 1, Issue 1, October, 2013. PP 35-56
10. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “3 Questions on How Potentiality of Communication Can Lead to Managerial Effectiveness for Global Business Practitioners”, published in IMPACT: International Journal of Research in Business Management (IJRBM, US), ISSN(E): 2321-886X; ISSN(P): 2347-4572, Vol. 2, Issue 2, Feb 2014, 77-84 11. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “Browning’s Influence on the Subsequent Course of English Poetry: A Critical Estimation” Paper published in Thematics Journal of English Criticism, Volume 1, Issue 4, August 2012.
12. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “The Analysis of Browning’s Poetic Milestone ‘The Ring and the Book’ focusing on the Excellent Characterization of Pompilia: A Critical Assessment” Paper published in The Criterion: An International journal in English. ISSN (0976-8165) Vol. III, Issue IV (Dec. 2012)
13. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “Robert Browning’s Treatment of Love in Earlier Poems: A Critical Assessment” Published in The Journal for English Language and Literary Studies (TJELLS), Volume1, Issue IV, ISSN 2249-2151.
14. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “Exploring the Constant Efforts of Girish Karnad, Focusing on the Critical Assessment of Reviving Myths and Legends for Indian Drama Legacy” published in Thematics Journal of Indian Literature, a quarterly journal (ENGLISH) published ISSN No. 2231-4865, Volume II, Issue 3, September 2012.
15. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “Robert Browning’s Treatment of Love in Later Course of Poems, Showcasing Stage of Poet’s Maturity: A Critical Assessment” published in International Journal of English Language, Literature and Humanities (IJELLH), ISSN No. 2321-7065, Volume –II, Issue-I April 2014, PP 269-280.
16. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. Your Words, My Name – The Sinful Art of Concealing the Source: Plagiarism & Students.” Published in IMDR Journal of Management Development and Research, Volume1, Issue 1, ISSN 2349-0802. May 2014, pp 56-59.
17. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “Integrated Elements of Sex and Sensuality in the Poetry of Robert Browning: A Critical Approach” publication in IUP Journal of English Studies, The IUP Journal of English Studies, Vol. IX, No. 3, 2014.
18. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay, “The Amalgamated Themes in Girish Karnad’s Plays and Its Intertwined Relevance in Modern Life Panorama: A Critical Perspective”, Submitted to LITERARIA: An International Journal of New Literature Across the World (ISSN 2229-4600), Bahri Publications, CREATIVE FORUM VOL. 27, NO. 2, JUL-DEC 2014.
19. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “The Know How of Marketing Communication and Its Integrative Tools.” Submitted to Journal of Business Communication (JBC), Sage Publications, U.K. Being refereed, submitted on 22 March 2015.
20. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “Exploring the Behavioral Meaning of Strong Communication Skills”. Submitted to Business Communication Quarterly (BCQ, Sage Publications, U.K.), Being refereed, submitted on 26 July, 2015.
21. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. “The Extreme Role of Social Media in Restructuring Corporate Communications”. Submitted to Journal of Business Communication (JBC, Sage Publications, U.K.), Being refereed, submitted on 22 April, 2015.
22. Shrivastava, Dr Sanjay. Estimation of Doubt and Certainty in the Academic Writings of Management Students with a Focus on Gender Differences, submitted for Second Revision to Journal of English For Academic Purposes, Elsevier Publications submitted on 20 Oct 2015.