B. Tech. Textile Technology (Shirpur Operations)
Textile Industry is second largest in the country, Textile manufacturing is being shifted to south east asian countries. India is preferred destination to develop automation in textile manufacturing process and large scale manufacturing. Hence , Entrepreners have good opportunities to develop Industries . To keep pace with national and International market quality production in present Technology is need of the hour. To support large scale manufacturing there is need for the large number of Textile Technologist to support to production floor with multi tasking abilities required in Technicians viz Industrial Management Marketing, Finance, Supply chain . Lean sigma mfg etc with TQM Hence , CTF MPSTME has come out with smart program to create Textile Technologist to get practical knowledge and exposure to different mfg sector with major Industry participation to groom students to work in Modern Textile Industries .
The Program provides the students with a platform to develop insight to face some of the toughest real life challenges in Technology for which CTF has adopted “See and learn and work and learn concept” to come out with innovative Solutions with skills as required to work in the present Technology available in Textile Industry.
The B.Tech (Textile Technology) program has strong Textile Industry support for training. Students have best future to make career in Textile industries in India and abroad.
Four year Full Time B.Tech. in Textle Technology is offered in Shirpur Campus. is unique in entire country.
- Semester pattern to ensure effective and useful resource utilization.
- Frequent seminars for students with eminent speakers from industry and academia on current topics.
- Departmental Seminar by students on regular basis.
- Tech fests to encourage logical thinking and research orientation.
- Quiz Contests and debate on current technology trends for knowledge dissemination.
- Industry Orientation by expert support from the industry.
Vision & Mission
- To bridge the gap between education and industry by Industry participation in education.
- Our vision is to make the youth in the rural India enroll for the education which gives life time employability.
- To build the best textile education center in India that would provide basic knowledge, support, troubleshooting guidelines and working methodologies to persons concerned with the studies of textiles.
- To make the Society the best society of textile in India.
- To develop a spirit in young professional in the field of textiles to cope with the demands and challenges of technological and engineering aspects of latest textile techniques.
- To disseminate standard and the best level of knowledge in the field of textile, that can be used as a starting material for the research work.
- Development work to adopt the latest technology by training; Transfer of Technology effectively by participation of textile machinery manufacturers, Research Association and Industry participation to train the technical personnel from the education. Technology adoption capsule training for organized and decentralized sector.
- To provide a practical platform to all concerned with the field of textiles directly or indirectly to solve latest issues and problems.
Board of Studies
- Dr. V Subramaniam, Director Jaya Engineering College, Chennai
- Dr. R Rengaswamy, Professor Textile Technology, IIT Delhi
- Mr.B Purushothana, Advisor Textiles Ex-Manager, Gokak E
PEOs and POs
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Programme Educational Objectives of the B.Tech.(Textile Technology ) Programme are to produce graduates who will
- Establish themselves as Textile Technology professionals in various private and public sectors that are involved in the manufacturing of Texties from sibre, yarns fabrics and garments
- Solve real world problems by applying knowledge ethically that will benefit organizations and society at large.
- Adapt to changing trends in Textile Technology, and become lifelong learners.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
On successfully completing the B.Tech.(TextilesTechnology) program, student would achieve the 14 program outcomes mentioned below:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering for problem solving.
- An ability to research, design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- An ability to identify, formulate and provide effective Technical solution for engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development and self learning.
- An ability to apply ethical principles in development of Textile solutions.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for developing effective solutions in the Textile Industries
- He will be able to work in Textile Production, Research, Marketing, Designing, R and D, Government Textile Industries all over the world.
- An ability to identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation/integration, evaluation and administration of Textile Industry as Managers.
- Gets practical exposure and Industry Mentors interaction in he Present Textile Technology in Industries
- Dedicated, qualified faculty to ensure high standard of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation processes.
- Semester system with proper planning to utilize the resources effectively and efficiently.
- State of the art facilities to provide ambience and support for curricula and extra curricula activities for the overall development of students.
- Industry visits and industry based project work as part of the curricula to get recognition and reward to the students in the form of job offer or support for further studies and research.
- PSSGL group of Industries for practical’s exposure visits
- Industry participation - Major Textile Industry internship support, ALOK, Welspun Raymonds, Centuty, Maral, Pratibha syntax and NSL etc
Highly dedicated and motivated team of faculties is more of a facilitator than a traditional teacher. A talented pool of mentors from Textile industry and academia has enriched the learning procedure by nurturing critical thinking procedure by giving opportunity to work in present Textile Industry. among the youngsters to apply their learning knowledge and develop practical knowledge.
Curriculum for the B.Tech course is continuously improvised based oninputs from Industry Experts and also keeping in mind the upcoming trends in the technology sector, to provide the best quality training to the students andkeep them in sync with the happenings in their disciplines.
State of the art laboratories facilitates the students to apply and implement the concepts conceived during theory sessions. The course includes Industrial Training in a sandwiched pattern to keep the students aware and updated about the current trends and developments in the market. In most of the subjects, there will be theory and practical classes. Time table will be for approximately 32 to 36 contact hours per week for B. Tech programs. In the Fourth year of the course approximately 40% of the time will be allotted for industry based project work for which guidance by the faculty will be available and the students will be required to make presentation of the project work.
Can I do B.Tech. project outside?
The main guide must be from the Textile Technology department with whom the offered project may be conducted as a joint work with a faculty member from another department acting as a co-guide.
Is there any particular office timings for the students to meet the professor personally in case of any difficulty in the subject ?
Student has to find out the free time of the professor from his daily schedule of conducting lectures and research work.
How can I know about the current research work going on in Textile technology Department?
The information is available in the website of the school CTF MPSTME
If I have research idea whom should I meet ?
Faculty try working in that particular area is the best person to guide you in your initiative.
How to find details of the faculty ?
Faculty details are provided in the Faculty link provided in the MPSTME Home Page.
Is there any festival in MPSTME ?
The grand annual fest of MPSTME names prothsahana is a five-day mega festival consisting of Technical Management and Cultural events.
Is there any participation of the students in final placements ?
Placement Committee is a student activity to complement the faculty endeavors for arranging placements for students.
Rs. 1,20,000 per annum.